Leasing + D.I.Y. Landlord Support Services
This plan is for Do-It-Yourself landlords who want a step up from leasing-only services, but not quite full-service property management. As with our leasing-only services, we handle all marketing and leasing activities AND we also provide you with professional support tools and ongoing advisory services. You retain complete operational control of your rentals while leveraging our expertise and systems to your benefit.
This plan makes sense for two types of do-it-yourself landlords:
- You see the value in professional leasing and property management, but your limited budget puts a full-service plan out of reach. You don’t feel completely comfortable managing rentals on your own and wish there was a middle ground between leasing-only and full-service management. If this sounds like you, this is your plan.
- You like the idea of having a professional handle advertising, showings, tenant screening, and lease preparation, but don’t mind handling the day-to-day responsibilities of managing your rentals yourself. Since maximizing your time and limiting liability is important to you, the efficiencies and added security of having access to professional support tools and ongoing advisory services makes sense. If this sounds like you, this is your plan.
- Advertising — Your property is spotlighted virtually everywhere prospective tenants are searching – and we pay for it all.
- Multiple Listing Service — Posting to the M.L.S. ensures exposure to THOUSANDS of area Realtor® agents and their clients.
- Showing Coordination — You never have to worry about scheduling, or your personal security, because we handle it all for you.
- Tenant Screening — Complete credit, criminal, eviction, and income verification checks of all prospective tenants over 18-yrs of age.
- Lease Preparation — We prepare all lease documents, meet with tenants for signing, and collect security deposits up front.
- Move-In Checklist and Video — Our inspector arrives early on move-in-day to create a room-by-room condition checklist and video documenting the turnover condition of your property. This is done to ensure there’s no doubt as to the initial condition of your property come move-out day — complete and thorough documentation helps you avoid security deposit disputes down the road.
- Move-In Orientation — Our inspector shows your new tenants all they’ll need to know about living in your property: water shut-off location, circuit-breakers, A/C filter location, plus anything else they’ll need to know — helps to avoid any “you never told me that” excuses down the road.
- Cash-for-Keys + Sign-Off — Finally, before our inspector hands-off to your tenants, he’ll have them sign and date the move-in checklist and collect a Cashier’s Check for the full first month’s rent. Only then will keys, garage door-openers, etc., be turned over and the leasing process completed.
Value Added Support Services:
- Electronic Rent Payments — Tenants are set up with an online rent payment portal — no more lost checks.
- Monthly Direct Deposits — Once tenant payments have cleared we direct deposit to your account — no more trips to the bank.
- Monthly Financial Reports — Uploaded to your password protected online owner portal – done-for-you bookkeeping.
- Annual Form 1099 Preparation — The IRS requires an income reporting Form 1099 be prepared and submitted annually — we do it for you.
- 24hr/day, 365day/yr Maintenance Hotline — Tenants receive access to our 24/7/365 maintenance support hotline staffed by trained maintenance troubleshooters who typically resolve 25% of issues over the phone, thus saving you both time and money. You are notified of any unresolved issues (e.g.: upstairs toilet clogged – plunging does not rectify) along with a priority determination (i.e.: emergency issue/non-emergency issue) at which time it’s your responsibility to coordinate with tenants and tradesmen to resolve as you see fit (i.e.: you call the plumber and coordinate with the tenant). You get the benefit of around-the-clock maintenance coverage and troubleshooting, while maintaining complete control of your maintenance budget and preferred vendors.
- Professional Advisory Services — The world of landlord/tenant disputes is rife with pitfalls and landmines that if not dealt with properly could lead to huge liability issues for you. Need to discuss how to handle an unruly tenant? Wondering what to do if your tenant asks to make a partial payment? Not sure how to handle a pet, or person who unbeknownst to you moves into your property? While we are not a law firm and do not give “legal advice” we’ll use our 30yrs of experience and ongoing training to walk you through the relevant issues and steer you in the right direction. We’ll even help you with questions concerning such things as the most cost-effective upgrades for your rental, or what type of replacement flooring might be best. Unlimited advisory support is included.
- Annual/Semi-Annual Walk-Thru Inspections (Optional) — For an additional fee you may choose to include either annual, or semi-annual on-site walk-thrus of your property with your plan. Our inspectors visually look for leaks, damage, broken appliances, unauthorized pets, unauthorized tenants, and anything else indicating either a violation of lease terms, or deferred maintenance needing attention. Having a third-party walk-thru avoids direct owner/tenant conflicts and helps alert you to potential problems before they escalate into major concerns. Digital images of each room are taken, so there is no doubt as to the condition of your property at the time of the walk-thru.
- Eviction Protection (Optional) — Screen as you might, there are no guarantees when it comes to tenants — evictions can and do happen. Depending on the attorney and case specifics, the typical cost of a non-contested eviction for failure to pay rent in Florida’s Manatee, Sarasota, and Charlotte counties ranges from $750.00-$1,000.00. For an additional monthly fee we will rebate the attorney and court-costs of an eviction up to $1,000.00. This includes posting the initial notice (3-day Notice) gathering required documents, and forwarding to our attorney for filing and eviction.
Call us at 941-225-8183 or click here to schedule a free phone consultation and property evaluation.
*Ask us about our special bonus offer for current/retired military, 1st responders, healthcare workers, and educators!